Sunday, July 24, 2011

my may playlist.. a month late.

Well better late than never right?! May was only a short playlist as obviously, I had very limited computer access during may, so here goes!

Diamonds Aren't Forever - Bring Me The Horizon
 -This song is a real teenage angst track. That opening line just does it all for me. Boom. That's your ponce pop music blown out of the room. Admittedly it's not their best record, but when you're in a 'fuck the world' kinda mood, this wins.

Feeling Sorry - Paramore
 -I think this is on here because I recently found a piss easy way of playing this. But its a great song. Its another one of those 'I don't give a fuck about you' type songs. I think Paramore is just an easy listen, any of their songs are worth a listen, but I might be biased on that one!

Fifteen Fathoms, Counting - Bring Me The Horizon
 -Can you believe this is by BMTH?! I love instrumental songs like this, and the fact that it sounds nothing like BMTH makes it that much more interesting to me. Its so calming and such an easy listen. Its really separated from all their other stuff. Its really well thought out. Love.

Love The Music, Hate The Kids - The Computers
 -I was introduced to The Computers by a fellow drummer who's band was doing a cover of another of their songs. The Computers mix screamo with the kind of pop punk guitar that you'd expect from The Hives, as a quirky mix, it works! The result is something rather beautiful that you'd easily imagine yourself moshing to at a gig.

Safer To Hate Her - You Me At Six
 -I'm currently writing my music GCSE composition and I'm basing it on this song. During May it was stuck in my head for all the right reasons. I love the contrast of the heavy intro to the almost acoustic harmonies you hear on the guitar in the verse. Its such a well thought out song, with some really clever lyrics that are so common from Josh Franceschi. And seriously. Those opening drums are just so good.

Tethered - Sleeping At Last
 -Tethered comes from April of Sleeping At Last's Yearbook EPs. I really love the idea of doing a whole year of EPs and months of just writing amazing songs. Sleeping At Last have some amazing acoustic and ambient tracks that make me feel so relaxed and sometimes even moved - like this.

A Little Closer - Francesqa
 -Francesqa were playing in Bristol a couple of months ago, and I really wish I'd gone. Their songs are just really fun. Its the kinda music that makes you want to sing along and dance to, without being overly cheesy or pathetic. These guys are gonna go far.

Goodness Gracious - Person L
 -I found this on a split single with a couple of Francesqa tracks. It makes me think of Envy on The Coast and The Black Keys mashed together. In my mind's eye I see a crowd of girls bowing down to the beauty of this track. I think I need to find more stuff by these guys. This is too good to leave at one song!

McFearless - Kings of Leon
 -I have so much love for classic Kings of Leon. Youth and Young Manhood is the greatest album known to man, in my opinion obviously.. But this song is just as good an example of why you need to go back from Use Somebody and Sex on Fire to really appreciate Kings of Leon. I just love how Caleb's lyrics make no sense whatsoever :') And the guitar is so simple, but so so so good!

One Last Dance - This Is Not A Game Of Who The Fuck Are You
 -TINAGOFTFAY was show to me by the boyfriend, who loves them to bits. I like them. I love the name. But I'm not as crazy on them as he is. However, this song makes me laugh for some reason? It's really very good. Another of those screamo with not so screamo guitar mixes.

Rescue Me - Chiddy ft. You Me At Six
 -This isn't usually something I'd listen to, even with You Me At Six (well.. just Josh really..) featuring on it. And to be honest, I don't LOVE this song in the same way I do the others. Josh's voice is far too autotuned for my liking.. But it's catchy, I'll give it that. And the video is quite nice. I'm just annoyed that YM@6 aren't actually in the video..

Crying Eyes - Taking Hayley
 -This is here because I only found out about this song after seeing it live at a colab gig. For a little band, they have a lot of power and sound like a signed band might. And the chorus has the kind of join in feeling that I look for when I go to watch a band I don't really know. Go give these guys some love - they work so hard!

M.A.D - Hadouken!
 -I never really liked Hadouken! at first. I used to find them annoying and too electro for my liking, but this track changed me. Not keen on the main melody thing in the intro. But I can imagine a crowd jumping and screaming along to 'you can bang the drum!'. Its a decent rave song, if that's your thing!

Blacklist - Bring Me The Horizon
 -Last song and it's another BMTH. I guess May was a scremo month for me! I love the lyrics to this more than anything. And that intro. Man what an intro. There's a BANG and you've been hit with ten tonnes of awesome pow. Punchy lines like 'with friends like you, there's no need for enemies', 'you don't miss a bastard until you're bearing his fucking cross' and 'I'd rather slit my wrists than keep in touch' you can see where all the rumours are coming from when you hear that it's supposedly about a past member. But still. Its a fucking good kick in the face.


That's May for you! I shall do my June playlist in a few days as it really is massive! But for now - good night!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment