Saturday, April 23, 2011

my april playlist

So its coming up to the end of the month, so I'd like to share with you my april playlist :)

Since the beginning of the year, I've been making playlists for each month, full of all the tracks I've recently found, or I've had on repeat for the whole month!
Some of these tracks are from bands you've probably never heard of, so I've not only linked you to the songs on YouTube, but also to the band's websites, so I hope you enjoy!

(Oh! Btw, if you like this list, and would like to hear more, you can find me on Spotify (imoz95) and on Grooveshark (imicooper) where you'll find more of my favourite tracks from previous months - the playlists do vary a little over the two sites)

They've got shorter and shorter as the months go on for some reason XD

FIRST UP!!
A new indie rock band formed in London just last year called The Vaccines. You've probably heard some of their songs before, as they've shot to fame with their amazing début CD What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?
So for some reason, I walked into Physics on April 1st, singing the lyrics from this first song at the top of my lungs - after only hearing it once! Its as catchy as that.
Here it is. The Vaccines with Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra).


Right. Lets step back in time to August 2004, when duo Nizlopi released their first album 'Half These Songs Are About You' which included this amazing song. I was reminded of this a couple of weeks ago, thanks to a post my English buddy posted on facebook.
This little beauty is called JCB.


Here is first of two songs from one of my favourite rock bands My Chemical Romance! As controversial as these guys may be, you cannot deny that they have produced some beautiful material from their 4 studio albums and countless covers and demos.
So after a long and delayed wait for their 2010 album 'Danger Days: The True Lives of The Fabulous Killjoys', here is one of my favourite tracks from that record, DESTROYA. (bongos baby!)


So a few months ago, I was browsing through a copy of Rock Sound, when I saw a band that caught my eye. From Lexington, Kentucky, these guys are described as post-hardcore, but as someone who cant get enough of bands like Paramore, I do love these guys just as much! They're called Emarosa and with the iconic vocals of Jonny Craig (Dance Gavin Dance) they're slowly becoming one of my all time favourite bands.
This song IS from their most recent, self titled album. This is A Toast To The Future Kids!


This next song I was lucky enough to see in concert in November of last year. A band from Cardiff, Wales, I've got to say, Kids In Glass Houses are INCREDIBLE live. I can't wait for this summer, when their new album is set to be released.
From their 2010 album DIRT, here is a song that I cant get out of my head, Maybe Tomorrow.


Another welsh band here, who again, I've had the pleasure of watching live - my first ever concert! The Blackout have just released their 4th studio album, Hope, and from it, this is their 2nd release, Ambition is Critical. (the video for this contains footage from when I saw them live - see if you can spot me in the crowd!)


Back to My Chemical Romance! So as I'm sure you're aware, Japan has been devastated by earthquakes, tsunamis and flooding, so MCR have teamed up with relief workers to release a special edition of this song, which you can find out more about here.
But because I love it so much, here is SING.


Back to The Vaccines! I was roaming around on Spotify, when I noticed they've already released a live album! So this a live version of the first of their songs I fell in love with, Post Break-Up Sex.


There's been a lot of hype over this new, upcoming artist. He is an incredible one man wonder and is plastered all over sites like Facebook and Youtube. I was first linked to Ed Sheeran, by an old band member and very close friend of mine, and I've been interested ever since.
This isn't the version I found on spotify, but I love it just as much! This is You Need Me, I Don't Need You.

Another from Ed, but more chilled out and harmonic, which you can download for free from his website, this is Wayfaring Stranger.


Another amazing artist I've been lucky enough to see live - Plan B.
I first got into Plan B when a band who I used to play a lot of gigs with, covered his song, Charmaine. From then on I was hooked. Even with the release of his second studio album, The Defamation of Strickland Banks, which is very different from his first, to me, Plan B and his band are one of the best live acts about.
So from his second album, this is What You Gonna Do.


Finally, two songs from a band I can safely say are my all time favourite. I adore Paramore, and I'm always interested to see who their supporting acts are whenever they tour, as I like to see what kinda music they're into too. This is how I found some of the bands I really love, like The Swellers, fun. and these guys.
Paper Route are described as indie electro, and from Nashville, Tennessee they sound as amazing live as they do acousticly and on their records. In fact, they are so good, that when I was looking to buy their first full length album, Absence, I had to have it imported from the US especially, as you cannot buy it anywhere in the UK.
If they ever came and did a show in the UK, I would be the first to buy a ticket.
From their 2006 self titled EP, this is Second Chances and City Trucks.


I hope you've liked this! If you'd like me to carry on doing this as the months go on, please let me know :)
I'll be sure to link you to more tracks in future posts.
HAPPY EASTER!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment